Putting together an egg hunt can be one of the most entertaining parts of celebrating Easter. Kids always get so excited about finding eggs, no matter their age. But, if you choose to use plastic eggs instead of dyed eggs, you might feel hesitant about loading them full of candy. That’s where these fantastic Easter egg filler ideas come in!
While it’s still fun to use a bit of Easter candy to fill some of the plastic eggs, finding non-candy Easter egg fillers can make the egg hunt extra compelling. Your kids will be more intrigued about what’s inside of each egg!
In this list of non-candy Easter egg filler ideas, you’ll find great suggestions separated by category. While many of these filler ideas are perfect for kids of any age, you’ll also find a designated variety just for toddlers. As always, use your judgment on what would be perfect for your child.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. To find out more, you can read my disclaimer here.
Crafty Easter Egg Filler Ideas
5. Washi Tape
7. Mini Stamps
9. Glitter Glue
10. Googly Eyes
Activity Easter Egg Filler Ideas
11. Clues To Find Their Easter Basket – If your child is older, make a scavenger hunt for their Easter Basket! What’s great is that you can make this however easy or hard you’d like. First, you’ll want to write all of your clues on individual slips of paper, number each one, and put one in each egg. Once your child finds all of the eggs, they can put the clues in order and find their Easter basket!
12. Dollar Coins (Or Play Coins)
13. Mini Playdoh
14. Homemade Coupons – Similar to the clue eggs above, you’ll take slips of paper and make homemade coupons for your kiddo. These coupons can be for things like an ice cream date, movie night, fun date with mom/dad, or even to skip a chore. Anything your child would enjoy!
18. Puzzle Pieces – For this fun idea, you’ll take a small puzzle and spread the pieces amongst however many eggs you need. Once your child finds all of the eggs, they can put the puzzle together!
Toy Easter Egg Filler Ideas
19. Pop-Up Balls
21. Matchbox Cars
23. Bouncy Balls
24. Animal Figurines
27. Lego Figures
28. Punch Balloons
30. Mini Slinkies
31. Sticky Hands
32. Parachute Men
- Practical Easter Basket Ideas For Babies
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas For Toddlers
- 18 Fun St. Patrick’s Day Activities For Toddlers
- Memorable Mother’s Day Interview Questions For Kids
- The Best Father’s Day Interview Questions For Kids
Wearable Easter Egg Filler Ideas
33. Hair Ties or Bows
36. Mini Nail Polish
38. Character Bandaids – Many kids love to put bandaids on themselves; why not give them some of their own to play with?
Food Easter Egg Filler Ideas
If you want to avoid candy altogether, it can be fun to hide some of your child’s favorite snacks in the eggs instead. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
40. Animal Crackers
41. Mini Pretzels
42. Yogurt Covered Raisins
43. Fruit Snacks
44. Pirate Booty
45. Chex Mix
46. Veggie Straws
PRO MAMA TIP: Line one half of the easter egg with some cling wrap, and then fill the egg with the food treats. After filling half of the egg, twist the cling wrap closed, and then seal the egg. The cling wrap will ensure that the food stays clean and won’t spill onto the ground when your child opens the egg.
Easter Egg Filler Ideas For Toddlers
While many of the non-candy Easter egg filler ideas above might work for your toddler, these suggestions are sure to be a hit with your little one:
47. Finger Puppets
48. Puff Snacks
49. Yogurt Melts
54. Magnetic Letters
Finding The Perfect-Sized Easter Eggs
Not all plastic Easter eggs are created equal. Many eggs are of different sizes and quality, so you’ll want to make sure you get the right ones. Here are our favorites:
When you think of fillable Easter eggs, you probably imagine these ones. These eggs are standard-sized eggs, measuring 2.5” tall. Also, this pack includes 72 eggs, which is a generous amount.
If you want Easter eggs that have a bit of extra room to fill with goodies, these eggs are perfect. These eggs measure 3.5” tall, giving you a whole inch more than the small-sized eggs. Plus, the larger size of these eggs is great for fitting all of the Easter egg filler ideas shown above, without a doubt.
Lastly, we have these jumbo Easter eggs. Measuring at 5.9” tall, these eggs are perfect if you find some fillers that are too big for regular-sized eggs. Also, these jumbo eggs are lovely if you want to have some special, more gift-like surprises.
If you have multiple kids, it can be fun to use these jumbo Easter eggs instead of an Easter basket. You can choose a specific color for each child, fill the eggs with their Easter surprises, and then they will have to hunt for their particular eggs.
And there you have it! I hope this list of non-candy Easter egg filler ideas gave you plenty of options that your child will love to find.
Before you go, check out these related articles:
- Fantastic Birthday Traditions To Start With Your Kids
- The Best Family-Friendly Halloween Traditions
- Memorable And Fun Thanksgiving Traditions
- Unique Christmas Traditions Your Family Will Love!
- Exciting New Year’s Eve Traditions For Families
What are your favorite Easter egg filler ideas? I would love to know in the comments below!